Wednesday, 22 April 2009

Crawford Green

At last I found a chance to write a post about soccer! 
(or else this blog would just look identical to my team's blog! haha...)

On this blog I'd love to write about the things that I love.
Soccer definitely topped that list.
Because it shaped who I am, taught me so much, 
and gave me all the important things in my life.

Coming back to Wellington for the AWARD School was great 
after spending the last 5 yrs in Auckland.
The other day I drove around Miramar 
and went to places that brought back memories.

Crawford Green, the field I spent a whole summer doing nothing but soccer.
I arrived in NZ during the summer holiday so college was 2 months away.
So what's better to do than playing football with other kids plus an injured All-Whites?
Neil McDonald, selected for the national team but pulled out coz he broke his ankle.
Looking back, playing against such a superior player,
who has awesome touches, great at dribbling and have wonderful movement,
how did I coped?

Well, I guess that's when my true personality got trained up.
Persistently saying no to defeats,
I picked myself up again and again.
Rally my fellow youngsters to keep on trying,
strengthened my leadership skill.
And what gives better confidence to a young boy than nut-megging an All-Whites!
Oh...memories...memories...

(Arsenal's Arshavin says, "Read between the lines, Liverpool!")

While I'm writing this post, my eyes are also on the EPL match.
Liverpool vs Arsenal.
Following the match online just by text commentary is fascinating.
Gives me the same feeling like looking at great ads.
I can imagine how the game is like just by reading the commentator's words.
Fasicnating...and what a game! Twists and turns!
0-1
1-1
2-1 (oh crap, is Liverpool gonna keep breathing down the neck of my Man Utd?)
2-2 (yea~!)
2-3 (off my seat~! hooorrraaay!)
3-3 (just two mins later...WTF....)
3-4 (at 90th min, Arsenal won it...)
4-4!!!!!!!!!!
WTF!!!!! oh well, still the title is in Utd's bag, NO CUPS FOR YOU SCOUSERS!!!

No comments: